What does it mean to see a white owl fly across in front of you at night?

Life at the border! Weather is amazing however!

Postby erhard91 » Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:36 am

I think it means an owl flew by.
erhard91

Postby ullok » Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:44 am

It means that you smell like mice...

You should loose all that thought-weight. Thoughts go straight to your thighs

Then you blow up
ullok

Postby steffen45 » Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:54 am

Anything you believe in can happen, but mostly in coincidences.

For instance, I was driving down town with my sister, and a black cat walked across the street in front of us. She made me go around the block and not drive where the cat had walked.

I told her, "What if the cat had walked across the street ten minutes earlier, would it still be bad luck, if we didn't see it"? She didn't know what to say. I told her a cat is a cat and nothing else.

But a friend of mine had some experience with an owl. She was living on a farm, with her grand parents. She got real sick, and was almost to die. Her granddad was walking outside the house and he saw an owl sitting on a fence post just outside the house.
He went inside and told Grandma to go out and chase the owl away, to curse it and yell at it, for it wasn't an ordinary owl. It was after the teenage girl.

Grandma went out and cussed the owl out, using words she normally wouldn't think of using and the owl finally flew off. The girl then started coughing and vomiting, and she coughed up a bunch of hair, a hairball. And then she got better.

Grandpa said that the owl was a curse or something, put on the girl, but it was chased away and the curse was broken . He had dealt in some minor witchcraft himself, in his younger days.

So, it all depends on the circumstances. I don't believe in superstition, but I do in spirits.
steffen45

Postby lanston » Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:55 am

It means you will cross paths with holy wisdom in your life. There is nothing of death in the sign. White represents spiritual purity; birds which can see far into the distance represent seers (prophets), and owls represent patience, thoughtfulness and wisdom during times of darkness or tribulations. Keep your eyes open for this white owl; for it may be a swift passing for you to notice.
lanston

Postby tioboid16 » Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:04 pm

I think it means you saw an amazing natural creature in an unlikely setting.
tioboid16

Postby danniel » Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:17 pm

"The only owls that exist where I am are at the San Diego Zoo"

Except for the eight species of owl native to the area. Including the Western Screech Owl (Megascops kennicottii) which has mottled gray plumage (which would look white when lit from below.)

You saw an owl. They are beautiful birds. Saw dozens while I was in the Army. I was always amazed at how silent they were. What does you seeing one signify? It meant that some rodent was about to meet a messy end as owl food. That's why the owl was screeching, it was scaring a rat or something into jumping and revealing itself. Since owls are very quiet fliers, you probably have had dozens pass over you without ever knowing it.

"Someone, whether it's a family member, a close friend, or someone I see daily may pass away by morning or sometime within this year ."

Well, that's a nice vague prophecy.

You saw an owl. Embrace the coolness of one of nature's most efficient predators and forget the mystical mumbo jumbo.
danniel

Postby tito51 » Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:22 pm

it wants to find if anyone gives a hoot
tito51

Previous

Return to San Diego Living